English Actress seeks work

Peter J. (theatreinlondon.ca admin)
Keymaster

I’m working on a way to browse only the active postings.  Made some progress on that project just yesterday, in fact… stay tuned.

As for the number of upcoming auditions here, they seem to come in fits and starts.  With over 75 productions a year in the independent theatre area alone, there are certainly many opportunities!  You may find the September 4 edition of Theatre in London On the Air (a local radio show about theatre, which I also publish as a podcast) enlightening, as there’s a lengthy discussion about auditioning for productions in London and how it can sometimes be difficult to “break in”.  If you have a Facebook account there’s a “London Downtown Theatre” group linked on the front page of this site that may be of interest.  I’d also recommend a look through the calendar of upcoming events to see if there are any productions or companies you could approach.

Good luck!

Peter J. (theatreinlondon.ca admin)
Keymaster

The new list of companies may be a handy reference too.

MrBoswell
Participant

An old trooper is selling herself! Having trod the boards in many theatres in England, apecializing in comedy (I also wrote, directed and performed a one-woman show so am no stranger to “putting myself out there”) I am looking for auditions as I really miss the stage. I am searching here for auditions but it seems that out of the auditions posted, the plays have already been performed and the reviews themselves are dated! Is there a specific place I can visit where the auditions are up and coming, ie, in the future!? Thanks for any help.

The topic ‘English Actress seeks work’ is closed to new replies.