Peter J. (theatreinlondon.ca admin)
The Grand Theatre will be holding general auditions to meet new, inspiring artists in Toronto on June 12 and 13 and in London on June 19.
In our desire to reflect the world and our community on our stage, the Grand Theatre is committed to diverse, inclusive casting. We are seeking submissions from all performers, without regard to race, age, size, disability or ability, ethnicity or gender identity. We understand the importance of providing equitable and inclusive creative spaces and have committed to establishing diverse artistic teams as we understand the global need for systems to change. We encourage you to submit as your most authentic self, with the assurance that our panel will review your submission equitably.
Our panel consists of Lennette Randall (Artistic Director Intern), Christine Gruenbauer (Company Manager) and an accompanist. We look forward to expanding our knowledge of the tremendous talent that populates our industry.
- Please note that only those artists who are invited to audition will be contacted to set up an audition time.
- Please do not submit for a general audition if you have been seen by Dennis Garnhum in the last three years.
- Please no agent submissions.
Please prepare up to 3 minutes of material that best expresses who you are as a performer.
Below are some suggestions. This list is not exhaustive!
- A classic or contemporary monologue
- A song that showcase your vocal range
- A short dance that showcases a range of movement
- Instrument playing
- Anything that allows you to shine!
An accompanist will be provided. Please bring sheet music if choosing to sing or dance.
Please submit a resume and headshot for consideration through our form located here: https://forms.gle/gBkHG7xXSTT97H467. Please only submit once.
The deadline for submissions to be received is Friday, June 2, 2023
Priority will be given to Equity artists, and they will be seen first at all auditions.
The topic ‘Grand Theatre – General Audition Notice’ is closed to new replies.